Are you really wanting us to believe you?
Seriously can we trust you?
With less than 48 hours to go (Wednesday 19th March 2014) until our next Budget, yesterday we saw on The Marr Show (Sunday 16th March 2014), the presenter – Andrew Marr – being all over the place with his interviewing, The Shadow Chancellor of the Exchequer – Ed Balls – talking lots of wonderful stories including spending the same money over and over again different projects and The Chancellor of the Exchequer – George Osborne – not really telling us much but dropping hints that are what we need plus having to take action due to what was inherited…
The weakness of allowing Politicians to get away with so much on television, is just so demoralising to so many of the voting Public and hence they are losing interest in voting. The Politicians that are being really being backed by the Public are the ones who actually speak and stick to their guns! The downside is that you don’t see them in either the Cabinet or Shadow Cabinet as they stick to their principles unless they are just after high office….
So many Politicians enter all full of good intentions but soon get their wings either clipped or get overcome by advisors or donors….just look at many of the MP’s or even your own! How often did they say this or that, promise something, then next thing they change their tune or never speak to you or visit you again unless it is Election time?
These Politicians are all full of good intention (no better place to see this than when in Opposition) yet as soon as they have the power – nothing really happens at all…..
Take Income Tax for example, each and every time there is an election, all parties say they will cut tax, introduce higher rates and then when elected it all changes with more allowances brought in to help cushion the tax issues, help some pay less tax, put taxes up at high rate and then only find it wasn’t a good deal, so change it back again…..
Another example is saying they are going to change Government, cut bureaucracy and get rid of advisors, but guess what, they hire advisors to study this, reorganise and replace groups with new groups and committees and all done after paying lobbyists and advisors lots of money….is this saving money? NO…….
So, we could vote with our feet and choose not to vote, but what will that achieve? Not a lot as it! Will it help things to change? No, things will remain the same due to the hardcore of voters actually voting like they always do, so change will not really happen…
If the Government was run like a business, so much money could be saved, so much could be done to advance the UK and so many groups, committees and individuals would be removed saving the Country lots of money…
OK – yes, maybe the top jobs need top people, but do we need to pay so much money? Why do Heads of Schools, Colleges, Councils or Hospitals, Health Trusts etc, etc be paid so much more than the Prime Minister?
What can really be done? Can anything? Just look what will happen come Post-Budget…..
- The Papers and Media will slaughter parts, most of or all of the Budget
- Ed Balls will say George Osborne didn’t do this, they would have done this yet no evidence provided or nothing will be costed
- George Osborne will say that this is needed to rectify the debt the Coalition inherited when they took over from Labour
- The Public will be moaning or cheering but in most parts it will be the former…..
So, here’s a thought or two Mr Osborne…….
- Firstly scrap all the allowances….
- Remove all the tax breaks available…….
- Stop people being able to class themselves as a company so they employer can pay them through a company to reduce the tax they pay..
- If people are a company, make sure they pay the proper tax, not find out ways to pay less – i.e. if your company can pay you £60,000 a year – then you should pay the same tax as someone you actually earns £60,000 a year. There is no difference….
- Stand up and do these – not be told by advisors, accountancy companies etc etc that you can’t do this – yes you can….
If this was done and then another Budget done in say September or October with an update, the Public would actually start trusting MP’s so much more as they would see that everyone is being treated the same….
Just a few and no doubt controversial points for you to consider and discuss……let’s see what people will say……….
These are just a few thoughts for you and you most likely will have a view even for or against and if you feel you need to comment or voice an opinion, either contact myself here or complete the form below:-
The images contained within this article here were taken via a word or terminology search on www.google.com and images found via the images tab