Quite interesting that just before or after Christmas, and the same can be said for New Year; lists start to appear (and yes, before you say it, I did do one but mine was around the end of November and then has been updated since) which show you the ‘movers and shakers‘, ‘top people, men or women‘, ‘influential people‘ or ‘inspiring people‘ but…….
What are these?
Having spent last year seeing people “self promoting” saying they were on this list and that list and at this position. But what are they? Do you actually really look at these people and their backgrounds?
That is why I did my list back in November and mine was based on people who I found actually to be inspiring and that had interacted with myself (ie we exchanged messages, emails and/or telephone calls), thus meaning I wanted to share these people with you as they actually are people over robots!
Apologies if you are on a list and feel I have called you a robot, but my reason is simple…..
Just look at these lists and these people you see on there, they are coming across just totally one-sided in my opinion in most cases. Have you looked at the profiles and what they are sending? In most cases, from what I have seen, they:-
- Post several times an hour
- Each and every hour
- Seven days a week
- Thus – they are constant posting, just pumping out information over and over again, do you see this from top business people or entrepreneurs?
- Look back at the posts – they are repeated each week, over the fortnight or month – repetitive?
- When you see their posts, are they up to date? Look at the links and blogs – see the dates on them
- When you see their posts, you will see people have commented or shared them – yet how often is there a reply/response from the person posting
- Lots of the posts that are posted, in some cases, are their clients work, so they are posting work for their clients that they have done, to gain more exposure for their clients – but is this right? Does this help you or them?
So, when you see these lists, actually consider the bigger picture…..
Whilst these people have got on to these lists by sharing lots of information which yes is of interest and benefit in some cases, but can they really help me? That is the question you need to ask yourself…
If they don’t speak to hardly anyone, will they interact me? You need to interact with people and the best influencers for you and your business are people who you engage with….
Just look at your business, if you didn’t communicate with your prospects, they wouldn’t become clients and these clients wouldn’t buy from you and thus, you would have no sales and no income! Meaning……
NO JOB or MONEY
So, when looking at these lists, make sure you are choosing the right people to spend time with. Yes you can follow these people to learn and share some of their posts but you need to interact with influencers….
Don’t just take my word for it, look at my list and just see who they are and how they interact…..
So, if you want to discuss this further and see how I can help you, either contact myself here or complete and submit the form below:-